Thursday, June 7, 2007

June 7











June 7

Day two and I am feeling much better after a good nights sleep. However, I still feel a little strange, which I am told is “Jet Lag.”

Our first trip today was to Westminster Abby, this unbelievable church. Both the outside and inside were indescribable…idk beautiful, intricate, etc. We were privileged to tour the inside. It was neat to see the graves/tombs and memorials of so many important rulers, thinkers, and artists. (i.e. Elizabeth and Mary, Isaac Newton…like the one from the Da Vinci Code only real, William Shakespeare, Lots of Henrys, John the Baptist, and St. Paul.) So cool, but we couldn’t take any pictures…it was all very respectful and reverent. I literally got chills thinking about all the important people who were buried there or had ever been there…right where I was standing.

We also got to look around the National Gallery. It was exciting to see with my own eyes so many of the paintings I had only seen before in text books, like the Sunflowers by Van Gogh and The Virgin of the Rocks by Leonardo da Vinci.

After Lunch, we all met up and headed to the V&A, a very cool museum with every kind of art from many different places and time periods. (My picture on the Dali- Lips sofa is taken in the Lobby here.) After walking around a lot of the museum, a couple of us went to the garden and sketched.

Its funny; every now and then I have little freak-outs were I realize I am in freaking London… and I forget that my feet may be sore and I have to pee (or… lol I’m a little lost). Idk it’s just so cool here and I have cute friends that are lots of fun…luv Sharele

No comments: