Friday, June 15, 2007

June 14








June 14

So today was fun. We took the train to Cambridge (I slept most of the wayJ). Cambridge is a very cool city. It has like 31 colleges that make up Cambridge University. We split into two groups and took walking tours through the town (I think we walked over 10 miles today…and I was in flip flops). O and we saw…King’s Chapel, I think, and it was awesome. The fan vaulting on the roof was unlike any other chapel so far. Very high and the stained glass and designs on the walls were phenomenal, everything symbolic of something and telling a story. Our tour guide Sally was so awesome. She knew so much about everything there, from the buildings to the museum. It was the first time I was actually enthralled by the details and history; I learned a lot and paid attention the whole time. She also told us many stories, pointing out the significant things and things she found interesting. She would get so excited over each item and place; it was cute. Her passion for Cambridge and Art has really inspired me to have a greater appreciation.

Anyway after the tour we went punting…and for those who don’t know what that is (cause I didn’t)…a punt is a boat thing similar to a gondola or canoe, except bigger and quite flat. A person stands on one end, and with a stick, pushes us down the river. Way fun…it was a great way to see the different colleges and learn at the same time. Our punting guide, Rebecca, was very informative and taught us a lot about the city and its history. After punting, we did a little shopping. O ya…it rained on us as we walked to the train station…I’m still wet. But I actually liked it. It’s just so cloudy here all the time, and that was the first time it actually rained. It was refreshing.

PS I visited two places that were in Harry Potter. One was the place where Harry learns to fly and the other was Platform Nine and Three Quarters. O and my meals today were a little better than usual; perhaps tomorrow I will have a good meal.
And again another sorry for not being able to get back to anyone the last couple of days, you may have noticed that I didn’t post a few of my blogs, I haven’t been able to get on the internet. Cheers - Sharele

No comments: