Wednesday, June 27, 2007

June 26










June 26

This morning we went (walked forever) to the Musee d’Orsay. It was a very cool museum, actually more exciting for me than the Louvre (maybe cuz I wasn’t as tired or rushed and thus more enjoyable). I got to see several famous paintings (some that I have studied in classes). It’s funny, all the museums kinda seem the same to me now, as are the houses/palaces/halls/etc. I am kinda getting burnt out on them; I also move way quicker through. However, I still love them. Don’t worry.

(O ya…I had some good alfredo for lunch.) Then we raced over to the Arc de Triomphe. I loved it. I have had the picture of it in my living room ever since I was tiny, so it was so cool to see it in real life. We walked up the stairs to the top too. The view was incredible. Paris is a beautiful city, different than I had imagined, but beautiful.

Last we went to the Paris Opera House. I’m not sure, but I think it is the Phantom of the Opera place. Even if not, it was way cool. Probably in my top 5 interiors. I really liked the stair case and chandeliers. There were tons of cool details in the walls and ceiling. By this time I was so exhausted, so we headed back to the hotel. Rachel had a meeting with an agent set up. I was to accompany her at dinner at 7. I wanted to take a quick nap before. It turned out he picked her up early on a scooter. So I didn’t go, and my quick nap turned into a much-needed 2 hour nap (I hate power naps anyway).

Once again, our plans were to go up the Eiffel Tower. We actually went, come to find out it closed at 10 tonight. We were too late. It’s so random the time things close; it is different everyday. I don’t know why. So we got ice cream (Yum!) and came home.

Stuff…
-I am now better and almost comfortable with navigating. London was very helpful in getting me to know how to work the Tube/Metro. Paris only took a little to get used to because of the language thing and sometimes the Metro is above ground.
-Street wise, Paris seems safer. I am not afraid to get plowed over by a double-decker bus or ran over by any cars anymore. People actually yield again!
-Sadly, it seems that Paris is flying by. We are running everywhere trying to see everything; there really isn’t enough time. I go from one place to another, then back to the hotel to hurry and write a blog and sleep cuz I am so exhausted and sore- just to wake up and do it again. Before I know it I’ll be home. L Bon Nuit (Good Night) Sharele

No comments: