Thursday, June 14, 2007

June 12











June 12

Jeez- I thought 7:30 was early but today we woke up at 6:30! That meant no hotel breakfast. However, today was one of my favorite days so far (Most expensive tho L). We took the tube, train, and bus to arrive at Wilton House…which turns out to be more of a manor, it was huge. (Home to Earl of Pembroke…29, unmarried, and very wealthy, some of the girls got to see him, I only saw his picture.) Wilton House was splendid…lol I really loved it. The tour was a little slow and tedious, but we saw some pretty neat stuff. I guess some of the Pride and Prejudice scenes were filmed here, right were I stood. So that was neat. I found my new favorite piece…there was this perfect bridge. I just loved it (Pictured above). The grounds were so beautiful; it had this Jurassic Park look to it, with neat trees, fountains, and a fun playground.

Next was by far one of the most active tours of my trip…Salisbury Cathedral. It has this huge tower/spire that gives it a very distinct look. We first took a little tour through inside of the church, which is still in use today, with a funny old man. Salisbury Cathedral is very open and idk…immense? Anyway, a neat site for sure. But then we took the adventurous Tower Tour, in which we climbed stairs as far as we could up the steeple. It was kinda scary for me; my hands sweated the whole time and I lost feeling in my fingers and feet. I try to pretend I am not afraid of heights, but my body is truly scared to be so high. No worries, I made it safely up and the view was incredible. Definitely worth it!

We had a great time at this little restaurant down the street. I haven’t laughed that hard for a long time…well I have laughed a lot this trip, just not that much. Anyway, the food was alright, again good at first. It was Cassie’s birthday so we sang and stuff. Way fun, and lastly- I was kissed by our waiter…no worries he was Italian… I got that traditional double kiss thing; it was funny. He said to my friend Oralia, “I have a gift for you for me, and it’s a kiss from me to you.” Lol…luv Sharele

1 comment:

oralia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.