Monday, June 11, 2007

June 11









June 11

We made a couple stops today… The Design Museum, Southwark Abby, and Tate Museum. I have to admit, none were my favorite. The Abby was actually quite cool...a man was playing this huge organ. It was so loud; his music filled the whole building. The two museums were rather empty I thought. I was able to see a lot of cool stuff, but it was all so spread out. Personally I felt that some of the “artwork” could have been done by a three-year old or even me. I always wonder who chooses what “Art” is. We made our way through them very easily and were done a little earlier than we expected. So we then went to St. Paul’s Cathedral…which the entry fee turned out to be too expensive. But we still sat on the steps where the bird lady is on Mary Poppins, and see a little of the inside. After doing a little sketching, we decided it would be fun to ride the double-decker bus part of the way home. And that is when I got lost…
One second I was with the group, taking a picture, the next thing I know they are nowhere in sight. I was lost…alone…in London! So I figured to stay put for a little until they came back, but after a couple minutes I decided I’d go in the direction I thought we were planning on going. I then hoped on a bus and headed up the street. I didn’t know exactly what to do…and I really realized I was not sitting with anyone I knew. I had a mini-freak out and remembered that I am 18 and knew how to navigate around the city, fairly at least. So I got on the next bus and headed toward where I thought they were. To no avail. Lol…anyway so I figured the best place to go was back to our hotel. I knew to find the nearest Tube station; I tried to ask the guy in front of me but he was too grumpy to even understand. So I got off that bus and asked a lady by me. She said to walk 10-15 minutes up the road…I got on the next bus, and got off again close to the tube stop. I then rode the tube to Baron’s Court. I even met a nice guy, who told me I had a “nice tan” and we chatted for a little until he realized he was on the wrong train (he also wondered why I was sucking on a blue tube coming from my backpack…haha). But I made it home safe just as my group did just a little in front of me! Woo for my little London adventure…

Also, we went to dinner at the coolest sushi bar ever YO!…it had the conveyor belt that moved the little sushi bowls around...they were all color coded price wise and you could just choose as they went around. And it was yummy...I only spent 6.5£. (Which is good for sushi, especially here.) I had fresh soy beans, right from the pod.
Come to find out once I got back that I missed the Shrek 3 Premiere…My friends saw Antonio Banderas, Cameron Diaz, and Justin Timberlake. Cool huh? First the queen and now celebrities!

A couple extra things…
-The drinks here are usually warm, never with ice unless you ask and even then there is no guarantee.
- The people here don’t have bad skin…it’s weird...like no acne anywhere.
-I’ve met more nice people…they are more common than I thought.
-I am now more comfortable with the road situation. I can even cross before the green walking guy sign turns on!

luv Sharele

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Hmmm... Sharele got lost in London... Y does that not surprise me?! But woot to you for getting unlost! Sounds like your having tons of fun!