Monday, June 25, 2007

June 25






June 25

Well I didn’t wake up any sicker this morning, so that was good. Plus I have eaten breakfast everyday since we’ve been here. So I’m happy. Our morning was kinda frustrating though, trying to figure out what we were doing and when. We ended up going with the majority of the group around Paris.

Our first stop was to St. Chapel Church; there really isn’t too much to tell about it except it had amazing stained glass.
Second we went to Notre Dam. I loved it. It was fun to see the place I’ve known about for a long time (Hunchback...ehh). The gargoyles and the ringing bells were cool. I don’t know- my favorite thing is probably just the look of it, and all its details.
Third, we went to the Centre Pompidou, which was also cool to see again (I went there yesterday…it’s the inside out one). In one of my classes last semester, I had to memorize this building and its architect…I took the same picture I’d studied. The Centre Pompidou is actually a modern art museum. I have decided that I do not appreciate or like to look at and in fact I dislike most modern art. I just don’t see what makes it “art”. I could make it. So yes I was happy to leave.
Next we (Lila, Rachel, and me- got separated from the group) wandered over to the Musee du Louvre. It closed at 5:30 so we were worried we wouldn’t get to see all that we wanted to (it was like 3:30-4). We really were a little lost for a while trying to find it. We went to the Porte du Louvre (door of the Louvre) and went down the escalator. Well the Porte du Louvre must be the name of the mall, because that’s where we ended up. The museum was actually another 10 minute walk away. Luckily, this cute old French guy was able to give us directions that actually got us there. Luckily we did get through all that we wanted to. In less than 2 hours, we saw all the famous pieces (The Mona Lisa- which is actually small but still perfect like I thought, Venus de Milo- the one with her arms gone, Da Vinci’s Madonna of the Rocks, etc.) and lots of others too. The Louvre is huge, and by the end I could hardly walk. Plus, I forgot water so I was very thirsty and weak for some reason.
So today was a productive day. We had plans to go up to the top of the Eiffel Tower too, but it is raining hard. Secretly I am glad because I am so tired.

Stuff…
-Lila and I came up with the word “Fiesta” -code for there is someone checking you or us out right now. It’s kinda funny walking around now.
-So my meals today…amazing. I had a Panini (a funny sandwich squished and toasted) and a Nutella and banana crepe…yum. Au revoir Sharele

No comments: