Sunday, June 24, 2007

June 23








June 23

Last night I did not sleep well. I woke up at like 4 with a bug bite on my pinky. I tried to go back to bed, but some little fly or mosquito kept flying by my ears. And then I got another bite on my pointy finger; it actually got swollen. Anyway, I didn’t go back to sleep for at least an hour.

Today we took our (chartered Mercedes-Benz) bus to Fountain Bleu. I thought it would be a fountain, but it was actually a cool palace, similar to the some of the places we’ve visited in size and purpose, except French. It also had an awesome stair case- my favorite so far. We took audio tours; I liked it a lot. At the end of this tour, we got the best sorbet ever (organic…strawberry kiwi), which made it even better.

We also went to Vaux le Vicompte (through the cool line of trees.) We first had a little picnic in the grass. The grounds were very beautiful with fountains and perfectly shaped bushes, etc. I liked just spending time wandering on them (I secretly pretend what it would be like to have been there with royalty). So the unique thing about this tour was it was candlelit. There were candles everywhere. It would have been beautiful to see at night, but we had to leave at like 9:30, right as it was getting dark. It was still cool though.

Good news…I have enjoyed all my meals so far. France is wonderful so far. I haven’t had anymore problems like yesterday. However, I still get more attention than wanted. The bathroom situation is significantly better. And people yield to pedestrians!
PS the pics arent really in order...sorry Luv Sharele


No comments: