Monday, June 18, 2007

June 18






June 18

So I got to eat breakfast today! We took a train…yes another train…and a bus to Blenheim Palace. It was beautiful and bigger than most of the “houses”, halls, or palaces we have seen. I liked visiting Blenheim a lot, mostly for its astounding landscape. Seriously, this place took green to a new level for me. It had miles of beautiful green grass, trees, etc. Everywhere you looked! There was also a grand bridge off to the side that I really liked. I have found I have a thing for bridges and lamp posts for some reason. Anyway, we took a tour of the state rooms, and honestly I didn’t really absorb everything like I wanted. We were all supposed to sketch as we went through, which would have been fine, but I can’t sketch very fast- Let alone listen (I mean really listen not just hear) at the same time. So I really missed a lot of it. I guess I need to learn how to multi-task a little better and faster. And again, we took the train home. Hopefully I can use the rest of my night to get caught up on blogging and homework and such -plus still manage to get to bed a decent time.

Stuff…
-So you know how when you go on vacation for like a week and are almost happy to be going home because you kinda miss it…ya that’s me, but I still have 3 more weeks. However I am really excited I still have more time here. I am just worn out, and my free days were not restful at all.
-I am now really comfortable in navigating the city. I am not nearly as intimidated by this place or the people like I was when I arrived. Even the roads don’t confuse me…it almost feels normal.
-However, these drivers are crazy. There are one-lane roads that go both ways. It’s strange; when a car comes you pull over (sometimes in designated spots) and let the other car go. I am not sure how they decide who goes. The roads are very tricky and small, so I don’t know how I haven’t seen an accident yet.
-PS I miss you all. Luv Sharele

No comments: