Monday, June 25, 2007

June 24










June 24

So this morning I woke up sick- a sore throat. Great! Ihope it doesn’t get worse.
Today was a free day. A couple of us journeyed to church, which was neat (some guy helped us find it; we never would have without him) and in English. We then went to the Catacombs. Kinda freaky, eerie. Pretty much all it was, was a bunch of skulls and bones (like a million) all stacked up deep underground, making a huge long tunnel to walk through. I was kinda claustrophobic, but I still liked it.
Then we got crepes…by far the food has improved. My egg, cheese, and ham crepe was amazing! The sun was out a little today, improving my mood. For some reason, I have been a little grumpy. I think it is a combo of I am wearing out, sick, and on edge around certain people (you know how you just can’t be around some people for extended amounts of time- even if you like them).
Then we (waited) went on a boat tour. I quite enjoyed it; it was nice to get some perspective on Paris. We saw a lot of the main attractions (quickly, but still). The weather was nice tonight. The sun set right before our boat tour, so by them time we got back, the Eiffel Tower was beautifully lit up. We had originally planned to go up, but it was a little too late. We’ll go another night. So then, of course, we took lots of pictures and took our time around the tower. There was a bunch of people singing right below the center of the Eiffel tower. It was such a good feeling there. I was just so happy- with the music and the tower glittering occasionally and…I’m in France! It was cool to see how even a building good bring such different people together.

Stuff…
-Sorry, but once again the internet situation is stupid.
-The attention thing seems to be less, or maybe I am just a little more comfortable here. It is almost flattering though, getting winked at, etc. all day.
-I think I kinda fit it. Even Americans don’t know I’m not French until I speak.
-Big Hug…I miss you all! Luv Sharele
And the pics are out of order again sorry...

No comments: