Wednesday, June 6, 2007

June 6




















June 6

Today is my first day in Europe!! ..and all I can say is wow and thank goodness that plane ride is over. After like 12 hours of flight and a couple in layovers, running clear across the JFK New York Airport to barely make it on time, bad food, a broken TV projector, and my slight breakdown (due on the claustrophobia and a slight overdose on Dramamine, I have decided that no longer is flying, at least long distance flying, something I will look forward to.

Anyway, my first view of Europe was of the beautiful countryside and its green, green landscape. Everything is better than I had hoped for! We rode a train and the “Tube” to reach our hotel…Ace Hotel in London. All of us were tired and hungry. So, after successfully withdrawing British Pounds from the ATM, we ate at a cute little restaurant near the hotel. We then took a semi-short tour of London to get familiar with the area. We saw so many amazing things, that it was hard to absorb it all. (I still can’t believe I’m here…Finally) I was handed a piece of tin foil with a tissue paper flower sticking out of it by some street urchin wanting donation and so paid 1 pound for it. I got to see famous the “Big Ben” and many other famous London buildings and places. (Which I’m sure will be in future blogs; so don’t worry.) These buildings are so wonderful…everywhere you look it’s just so picturesque- it could be on a postcard.

While taking pictures at beautiful Buckingham Palace, I was stopped from crossing a road by a man in uniform. Then, two green cars drive out through the gate right in front of me. I look inside them both, curious why I would have been stopped, and I see this little old lady being chauffeured out. It didn’t really hit me until a little later, that that may have been the Queen, considering we were at the palace and the flag was flying on it. So I asked the funny guard if it was. He got all awkward and stiffened up, looked me over and said yes. I was thrilled; I saw the Queen like 4 feet away from me! I tried to get another glance, but it was too late. Not bad for my first day.

In front of the National Gallery, I was “forced” to feed the pigeons rice and pay 2 pounds just to have my picture taken with them all around and on me. It was neat, but I have decided that my goal is to not let these street people take all my money. Lol…it took me awhile to get used to the whole- cars on the other side and such, and how the cars are so small, like they’ve been smashed or something. Plus everyone seems to be in a hurry here. Cars also have the right away…it seems. And no one says sorry if they bump pr step on you...lol no big deal...it’s just different.

Anyway so I am now sooo tired and sore, running on like 5 hours of sleep in the last three days. Sorry this blog is so long; I’ll make them shorter, promise but it is my first. Luvs…Sharele

1 comment:

Lindsey Hansen said...

OH MY HECK SHARELE!! You Made it!! I am so jealous! Watch you meet this really hott guy that has the french accent. I just think that is so attractive!! Tell me about sista! I know all about the long flight! I just got home today and I am kind of sad but glad all in one! I'm just sad that I missed you! What is the time difference over there? Hawaii was 4 hours behind our time and I thought that was bad. I'm sure your's is a lot more dramatic! I want to hear more.. so keep in touch! Check mine out.. it's in progress though so give me time and stay updated okay?! www.noonzer.blogspot.com SEE YOU SOON! LOVE YA!!